Welcome to Nova Scotia Association of Social Workers
The Nova Scotia Association of Social Workers is a regulatory body that protects the public interest and promotes excellence in social work practice.
NSASW envisions a professional organization that reflects the values of social work, provides ethical leadership, and instills public confidence.
The Canadian Association of Social Workers (CASW) Code of Ethics © 2005 identifies these values as core:
- respect for the inherent dignity and worth of persons
- pursuit of social justice
- service to humanity
- integrity of professional practice
- confidentiality in professional practice
- competence in professional practice