NSASW promotes and regulates the practice of social work so its members can provide a high standard of service that respects diversity, promotes social justice, and enhances the worth, self-determination and potential of families and communities.
NSASW will strive to achieve its Mission Statement through the following:
• comprehensive standards of practice
• social action that is timely and informed
• sound ethical decision-making in social work practice
• the on-going professional development of its members
• a licensing process that protects the public
• supportive services to the membership